Xeroom Updates & Releases
Xeroom Version Development & Releases
Xeroom Versions – We provide below information on the latest version, the previous few versions and what is planned for the next one currently in development.
WordPress Official Site – We are unable to host Xeroom on the official WordPress server since our plugin is not free. We have limited resources and want to invest all of our energy, money and time on delivering a World-leading quality product to our paying customers rather than be distracted with those who expect a diluted version for free.
Minimum Supported Versions – Xeroom is always checked to run on the latest stable (ie within a few weeks or release) versions of WordPress and Woocommerce. We now only support these min versions php 7.2, Woocommerce 4.5 and WordPress 5.4. To check your current versions of php install any php info plugin or check with your host or on cpanel.
Downloads – We no longer post public downloads as the code is not encrypted anymore. If you have a valid licence then please send a message to our support desk requesting access to the latest version.
Download link – The downloads are now kept in a secure area as they are no longer encrypted. You will be emailed a link when you purchase or renew your licence or when a new release it available. If you need a link please email us with the purchase name or company.
Coming soon! – New knowledgebase for fast self-help support.
Coming soon! – Live chat support.
Version 2.3.0 – Due out August 2021
We continue to add some great enhancements that nobody else offers based on solid user feedback, including the following:
- Global Product Synch – Currently new products get created in Xero as soon as they are ordered. This will update or replace all products in Xero on demand or on a daily schedule. This will make initial setup quicker and ongoing maintenance easier.
- Send Xero invoices from WooCommerce – Orders from the WC order dashboard can be selected and processed as a batch. Xero will email them all out to the customers. Now you no longer need to create any invoices in WC as they can be kept all together in Xero where they should be.
- Xero Tracking Capture – WC Products can be assigned tracking labels that have been created in Xero enabling full use of Xero tracking for sales analysis and reporting by branches, depts, cost centres, geographies etc.
- Xero Address No Contact in Xero – If using existing Xero addresses to map orders to their accounts and the address is blank then it will use the WooCommerce one as a fallback.
- Xero Address Using Company as Contact – If the company field is blank in WooCommerce then the contact name will be used as a fallback.
- Show Invoices as Paid in WC when paid in Xero – This is useful for those operating payments on account (POA) orders that are settled monthly. Once reconciled in Xero all the order payments will backflush to WooCommerce to show as paid.
- Send invoices trigger “On hold” added – Some POA customers wish to show orders as “on hold” until paid at the end of the month but want to create and send invoices now. This will be possible as well as the other triggers.
- Rounding account – Made user selectable.
- Sales Sub-Categories Posting – This will enable sub-categories’ descendants to be picked up and posted to the correct Xero sales sub-account corresponding to the first level of category. Eg An order for say product latte in the category Drinks/hot/coffee/ will be posted to drinks in Xero without the user having to fill in the hierarchy flags of Drinks and hot.
- Refund when invoice contained a rounding error – The rounding error was getting missed off from the refund which is now fixed.
Xeroom v2.2.3 – 6th July 2021
This version is shipping and the update will be polled to existing users in the next week so can be updated via the WordPress normal plugin page when the notification is showing.
1. Tracking Categories added – beta version
2. Xero Connection – Xero token refresh every 15 mins to prevent drops.
3. Global Inventory Synch improvements – any error is displayed in synch tab.
4. Batch Send cron job processes optimised for call rate into XeroAPI and restart every 5 mins.
5. Fix to use hyphens in Xero ac codes.
6. Fix for GST settings not showing if only standard rate taxes set in WC.
7. Fix for manual Payment Send button not working due to Xero API changes.
8. Fix for licence authentication warning message.
Xeroom v2.2.2 – 7th April 2021
This is a quick follow-on release from 2.2.1 due to a bug in the GST/VAT tax settings. We have fully revamped this part of Xeroom to take advantage of the improved database storage of the tax details. A download link with release notes will be emailed out to all current customers in the next few days. Note that your GST/VAT tax settings may need to be reset on this upgrade if you have an older version of Xeroom due to the new storage location in the database. Also fixed in this release was the custom shipping method setting that was getting cleared when the tax settings were reset. Full release notes for v2.2.2 and v2.2.1
Xeroom v2.2.1 – 17th March 2021
This contains the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Fixed licence authentication on first installation bug.
2. Ability to set custom shipping price code and description.
3. Ability to send orders containing SKU codes longer than the 30 character limit set by Xero. Hyphens in SKU codes also now processed.
4. Invoice Creation Date and Send Invoices settings preserved on upgrade.
5. Prevent Failed status orders from posting – set posting to be on Processing.
6. Bulk send cron job cancel button added.
7. Bulk data loader export/import spreadsheet file error fixed.
8. Enable any of the many WooCommerce PDF plugins’ numbers to be used with Xeroom eg wcpdfinvoices.com
9. Plugin updater added to enable upgrade info and one click upgrades to be done like other plugins.
10. Tax setting design improved and bug fixed.
11. Various other bug fixes.
Xeroom v2.2.0 – January, 2021
This is a major release with many bug fixes and over 20 enhancements making Xeroom by far the best WooCommerce-Xero integration plugin on the market. If you don’t believe us just compare our features. You might not need them all now but in the future that can easily change so it is worth having them there for when you do. Many are based on useful practical customer feedback to make life easier and quicker for expensive bookkeepers and IT staff. We have put the thought and effort in so you don’t have to. Xeroom will pay for itself very quickly, many times over.
We have spent over 250 manhours of development on this version alone during the last quarter of 2020. The upgrade is free for existing customers you should have been sent a newsletter with a download link on. We also offer an installation, check and test service in our shop for $97. For more details please read our full release notes.
Main Bug fixes:
- Canadian customer tax error.
- Deprecated Coupon Code and UnitPrice error.
- Variable product with 3 or more variations not posted.
- Failed orders cannot be reposted.
- Batch loading success message missing.
- OAuthSignatureMethod_HMAC_SHA1 class already in use.
- Credit notes on cancelled orders charging GST twice.
- Guzzle http class conflict with other plugins resolved.
- Various other conflict causing errors fixed.
- Send invoice on order processing trigger – Option so the invoice can be posted once status changes to processing for payment on account at the end of the month.
- Credit note automatic generation – On full or partially refunded orders.
- Product posting to Xero enhanced – Price, GST rate and account to be added to new products created in Xero.
- Licence validation grace period – If the check fails for any reason eg server, comms or expiration then a 7 day grace period to be given before deactivation. The licence is only checked once per day instead of on each order avoiding delays/failed postings at checkout.
- Set custom invoice number prefix
- Set custom invoice reference prefix
- Payment gateway card payment reference – Placed in invoice reference.
- Cancelled orders – Inventory entry reversed.
- Set Xero invoice no using WooCommerce Invoice PDF plugin number.
- Allow payments into credit/asset accounts – Essential for use in clearance accounts that most book keepers use.
- Xero Due Date – Ability to customise the default setting.
- New name mapping options – For company name and email address. Ability to map person name, company name or email to main Xero contact.
- Control of name mapping – Can use new and overwrite or existing Xero name
- Batch processing rate control – Added to prevent hitting the Xero API call rate and number limits.
- Resend an order or batch of orders – To override the control to prevent duplicate invoices from same order.
- Option to include/exclude payment gateways in automatic sending – This will enable the Woocommerce Invoice Gateway plugin to work which adds Invoice payment gateway functionality to your WooCommerce store. This type of payment method is used in B2B with customers placing orders “on account” that then get paid at the end of the month in one go.
- Add PO numbers to orders – Ability to set custom field in WooCommerce to capture this and send to Xero.
- Automatic purchase bill generation –Inventory adjustments caused Xero to create these which has now been prevented.
- Xero Connection Status – Improvements.
- Layout – Improved layout and new logo.
Xeroom v2.1.0 – June, 2020
This has a much simplified installation procedure using the latest and more secure OAuth2.0 protocol for more secure connections to Xero. It is also not encrypted and so does not require IonCube to work. Tested on php7.3, WordPress 5.5.3 and Woocommerce 4.7.1. Detailed instructions are given here http://www.xeroom.com/installation-instructions/.
Xeroom v2.0.8 – May, 2019
No longer supported. NB: Requires ioncube loader to be installed on your server and the following min versions to work: php 7.2, ioncube loader 10.2, Woocommerce 4.1, WordPress 5.3. Has various bug fixes including the “cannot redeclare oauth” critical error caused by conflict with other apps.
Xeroom v2.0.7 – 15th March, 2019
NB: Requires the following min versions to work: php 7.1, ioncube loader 10.2, Woocommerce 3.5.3, WordPress 5.0.1
Contains the following fixes:
- Get_xero_option and ends_with fatal errors on activation (conflict with other plugins).
- Oauthconsumer declare critical error – when oauth used by other apps.
Xeroom v2.0.6 – 21st February, 2019
NB: Requires the following min versions to work: php 7.1, ioncube loader 10.2, Woocommerce 3.5.3, WordPress 5.0.1
- Added – Rounding error fix.
Xeroom v2.0.5 – 30th January, 2019
NB Requires the following min versions to work: php 7.1, ioncube loader 10.2, Woocommerce 3.5.3, WordPress 5.0.1
We are pleased to release this version after extensive beta testing, improvements and fixes. It is a big step forward and has the following new features and enhancements:
- Global Inventory Synchronization – Instead of just synchronising the inventory for the SKUs in the current order this feature provides a synch of all products’ inventories on demand or on a daily or hourly schedule. Synchronization can be from Woo to Xero or vice-versa. This will be invaluable to handle inventory for businesses that take phone orders that are entered directly into Xero (without going through the website) or via other online shops such as ebay or Amazon as well as normal website orders. This feature alone is worth it’s weight in gold since competitors charge up to $250/month for this with a dedicated inventory management system.
- Send Orders and Payments to Xero in Batches – Instead of sending orders automatically at check-out this feature enables a selection of orders to be made on the Woocommerce order summary screen which are then sent to Xero in one go. This is great for those taking feeds of orders from other systems into Woo that then need to be onward processed into Xero. It is also useful for migrations where use of the Bulk Data Loader would be overkill and a few dozen orders can be simply and easily posted. A throttling system has been added to feed Xero orders at a steady rate to avoid hitting their rate limits.
- Set Invoice Creation Trigger – Invoices can be sent manually or automatically on checkout or on completion. This is an alternative to the Auto completion control which is useful for preventing payments being posted automatically which makes the Xero invoice status “Paid” and thus editable.
- Set Invoice Creation Date – Can be set to be the date of posting or date of the order.
- Country tracking – The customer country is placed in the Xero custom country tracking label. This can then be used for things like EU VAT reporting on digital goods where different VAT rates are due for different countries.
- Set Unlimited No of Sales Categories – The posting by geography or product category has been set to a customisable quantity and increased from 25 to an unlimited no.
- Xero Order Posting Management & Status – The Woo order summary screen now has a colour coded column giving the status of posting to Xero for each order. The user can see at a glance the overall picture and easily manage them.
- Bulk Data Loader – Many improvements have been made in this tool for the posting and logging of large numbers of orders. This is essential for those migrating and wanting their history to be uploaded into Xero. The limit of 2000 has been removed, the Xero API feed rate of orders is now throttled to prevent limits being hit and the log files have been improved.
- Gross Prices Held in Woo No Tax Applied – Xero assumes prices are posted as net and so adds on GST which means it is added twice if prices are held gross in Woo. This will fix it to remove the GST before posting so that it will be correct.
- No Taxes Fix – When no taxes are selected in Woo then Xero should not add on taxes on posting.
- Currency Deprecation Error – Fixed.
- Cancelled Orders at the Checkout – Were wrongly being sent to Xero when they should not have been, now fixed.
- Rounding Errors – Are now placed in a Xero revenue ac.
- Coupons and Discounts – This has been rewritten to fix a bug and work properly.
- Free Trial Licence – Button now sends an email request to our server for a trial licence key which is sent by the autoresponder to the user’s inbox.