Xeroom Annual Licence, Support & Installation
We offer Xeroom with all the options to provide you with what you need to get you up and running quickly. Licence keys are automatically generated and sent by email with your order confirmation. Installations are done usually within 48 hours of receipt of answers to our installation checklist.
Annual Licence – Xeroom is provided on an annual subscription licence basis.
Support & Updates – New features, bug fixes, security holes and enhancements are regularly released by WooCommerce, Xero and ourselves. We provide unlimited support and updates with our licences.
Installation, setup and testing – The installation and configuration is a little involved but can be handled by any competent IT person who has a good knowledge of both Woocommerce and Xero by following the step-by-step instructions given on this site. Depending on the complexity and issues that arise it requires 1-2 hours to set it up with the correct accounts (and to create those in Xero if they don’t exist) as well as to check everything. To assist we offer the following installation options:
- Basic Installation/Fix – We will install Xeroom, generate your Xero API keys using default account settings and run one test order. If you have installed Xeroom and not got it working we will troubleshoot your system and if we don’t get it working (provided you follow our advice) then the fee is refundable.
- Full Installation & Testing – We will install Xeroom on your live or test website (not both!), obtain the necessary Xero security certificates, configure Xeroom to work correctly with your Xero installation creating any new accounts that are needed, and ensure that it all works correctly by running a number of test purchases and invoices that we will check for correctness. We will check the taxation is correct and also fix any errors.
- Full Installation & Testing on Both Test & Live Sites – The same as 2 above but repeating the setup on the live site after having run the testing and troubleshooting on the test site. This is the best and safest route to avoid any issues or test orders on your live system.
- Personal Time for Meetings/Calls – To keep the costs low the above are provided by email and online. If you feel you need personal support and input then I do provide a limited amount of my time which is available at an hourly rate in this shop.
Requirements: In order to provide the installation quickly please ensure that you provide the following:
- Site Compatibility Checks – Check that you have at least the following versions installed; WordPress v5.0.3, WooCommerce v3.5.3, ioncube loader v10.2, php 7.1 – see support page for further info.
- Site access – Create an admin login to your website using [email protected] as the user and also to your Xero instance with an invite as a standard user using my name Peter Lloyd.
- Full Install – Complete and email to me the installation checklist for what we need to commence the work.
Product SKU Code Bulk Upload – Xeroom uses the product SKU to link products in Xero with products in WooCommerce so these must be correct in both systems. We can do this for you as part of the installation . We will bulk load of all your codes into both Xero and WooCommerce from a spreadsheet Please go here for further information.
- Xero Accounts Setup – This does not include the configuration and set up of a virgin setup of Xero accounts or of WooCommerce which are both available as separate services.
- Woocommerce & Xero Changes – We will change any of the essential settings on both of these needed to make them work with Xeroom and advise you of them. Where static data such as rate or tax tables etc needs to be added we will do the first one as an example.
- Other Plugins – There are now literally hundreds of plugins available for WooCommerce and it is impossible for us to test and resolve any issues with each one or more working together on the same system. Due to the many simultaneous interactions between 5 or 6 separate apps (Xero, Woocommerce, WordPress, Xeroom, payment gateways, other plugins etc) this can and does happen. We do not guarantee that Xeroom will work with all of them and cannot say in advance if they will or not. The integration of all the various plugins you choose to use into your system is your risk and responsibility. We recommend that you use an experienced Woocommerce professional to set up your site and to deal with this as there can easily be conflicts and bad behaviour arising as a result. A DIY/novice approach can lead to a lot of frustration on both sides. Xeroom is available with a free trial licence so you can test for conflicts and reduce this risk. The same applies to any other plugin that is using or communicating directly with Xero. We will not disable any plugins in our work but advise you of conflicts that we find.
- Refunds – If you decide not to continue with Xeroom for any reason and have not used it on a live site then we will refund you the Xeroom licence fee only. The installation services are provided on a non-refundable basis. We will use our best endeavours in a professional way to get things working correctly but do not guarantee that Xeroom will work or integrate with your particular setup, plugins and versions of server software and our services are provided on the basis that you accept these risks for your project.