Getting Started with Xeroom
Xeroom 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee for Xeroom licences. If you are not fully satisfied for any reason then simply send us an email request and we will cancel your licence and refund you straight away. Any services are not refundable.
Getting Started Procedure
Xeroom connects four different and complex software systems together (WordPress, WooCommerce, Xero and your payment gateways) along with a multitude of 3rd party plugins, themes and apps on both platforms, all of which are constantly changing over time. We have tried to make this challenge as simple as possible to install, with detailed step-by-step instructions but it does require a good knowledge of IT and WooCommerce plus a basic knowledge of Xero along with a good dose of patience to do it!
If you do not possess these then we don’t recommend you attempt it but instead use our low-cost fixed-price installation “Jump Start” service which is less than the cost of an hour’s time of an IT or accounting professional.
- Requirements – A recent version of WordPress site with the latest version of the WooCommerce plugin installed and configured. It is a good idea to try it on your test/dev/staging site first but this is not essential as many customers do directly onto their live sites and simply delete the test orders afterwards. Xeroom has been well tested and many of the sources of conflicts with other plugins dealt with but beware that could be a conflict with one or more of your plugins as many are not coded to good professional standards.
- Check php version – Your php version should be a min of 7.2 or above. We do not support any earlier versions. You can install a php version check plugin to tell you if you don’t know.
- Order & Download – Go here to order and you will immediately receive a download link with the latest version of the plugin. Download the zip file to your pc and then go to your Website plugins page and upload and activate it. Please deactivate and delete any previous versions of Xeroom first. Any old settings will still be retained in the database.
- Installation – Then follow the detailed step-by-step installation and configuration instructions on the menu above.
- Xero Trial – If you are only testing Xeroom then we recommend that you take a 1 month free trial of Xero itself and use that otherwise you will clutter up your production instance of Xero with random test transactions. Note: Xeroom does not support the multi-currency features of Xero, it will still work but only in the base currency.
- Testing – We suggest running a range of different test transactions on different products with customers from different countries checking that the figures are correct. Once the orders are placed their respective invoices can be seen within Xero and checked against the order figures in Woocommerce. Inventory synch if used should also be tested.
- Support – For support issues please check our support page for immediate answers as most of the common problems are detailed there. If your query is not addressed then please open a support ticket with the form giving us as much of the requested info as possible so that we can assist you quickly.
- Presales Assistance – Our free support is by email so we can keep our prices low otherwise we would have to increase them to cover this cost. If you need dedicated presales assistance/time on zoom or telephone calls/onboarding/in-depth/training requirements analysis then this is available for $97/hr which can be ordered from our shop.
Jump-Start Service – Save Time, Get Peace-of-mind
We can save you hours of your valuable time with our low-cost fixed-price installation service. If you are migrating from another Xero plugin or just want to get cracking asap then we can jump-start you and install Xeroom straight onto your live site with no delays and peace-of-mind that is has been setup correctly for your site. This is quicker than doing a check on a test site but do be aware that it can make troubleshooting more difficult if there are any problems or conflicts. Our extensive knowledge also means we can design work-arounds of any limitations encountered.
1. Place order – To proceed please check items 1 and 2 above and then order the licence with installation (either simple or complex) here Once you have ordered it you should get an immediate confirmation with your licence key.
2. Complete Data Checklist: In order for us to provide the installation quickly we provide an installation data checklist on the Xeroom shop page. We aim to do the install within 48 hours of receiving your checklist back. Your data is protected by our legal Non-Disclosure Agreement also on the shop page.
3. Check and test – We will do one test order with a test product and hand it over to you to run some more thorough tests. Any issues can be reported back and immediately fixed.
4. Sit back and enjoy the benefits!