Xeroom Annual Licence, Support & Installation
We offer Xeroom with all the options to provide you with what you need to get you up and running quickly. Licence keys are automatically generated and sent by email with your order confirmation. Installations are done usually within 48 hours of receipt of answers to our installation checklist.
Annual Licence – Xeroom is provided on an annual licence basis. A licence key is required which will expire one year after purchase. A renewal reminder should be sent one week before expiry.
Licence Packs – The multiple licence packs last 18 months from date of purchase.
Support & Updates – New features, bug fixes, security holes and enhancements are regularly released by WooCommerce, Xero and ourselves. We provide non-installation support to one user via email. If you want us to spend time logging in, investigating and fix your installation or system then this can be purchased as an After-Sales Fix Updates are included with our licences.
Installation, setup and testing – The installation and configuration is a little involved but can be handled by any competent IT person who has a good knowledge of both Woocommerce and Xero by following the step-by-step instructions given on this site. Depending on the complexity and issues that arise it will require 1-2 hours to set it up with the correct accounts (and to create those in Xero if they don’t exist) as well as to check everything. To assist we offer the following installation options:
- Presales Support – Help and advice by phone, testing, miscellaneous or urgent support not covered by regular support.
- Simple Installation – We will install Xeroom on one site (test or live), create a Xero app and connect to your site with a secure connection, apply default account settings, set simple tax settings and run one test order. We will advise on any issues that need completing. You have 2 weeks to test and feed back any queries or things that need fixing. After that support reverts to normal email and not logging in to investigate and fix any issues.
- Complex Installation & Testing – We will install Xeroom on both your test and live websites, generate the necessary Xero security certificates and create secure connections. Then configure Xeroom to work with your Xero installations creating any new accounts that are needed and check and advise on (but not create) SKU codes, and run a number of test purchases and invoices, debugging and correcting any errors including disabling any conflicting plugins. We will also check setup complex taxes and a test inventory synchronisation for one product.
- Personal Time for Meetings/Calls – To keep the costs low the above are provided by email and online. If you feel you need additional personal or presales support and input then you can buy the separate pack for that and I also provide a limited amount of my time which is available at an hourly rate in this shop.
- Confidentiality & Non Disclosure – We obviously keep all customer information confidential and secure but recognise that the installation requires access to sensitive apps and data. We are quite happy to sign an NDA to cover this work.
Requirements: In order for us to provide the installation quickly please follow and complete the instructions in the installation checklist and email the details to us at [email protected] installation checklist
Our full terms and conditions are available here. Relevant points are given below:
- Conflicts with Other Plugins – There are now literally hundreds of plugins available for WooCommerce and it is impossible for us to test and resolve any issues with each one or more working together on the same system. Due to the many simultaneous interactions between 5 or 6 separate apps (Xero, Woocommerce, WordPress, Xeroom, payment gateways, other plugins etc) this can and does happen. We do not guarantee that Xeroom will work with any or all of them and cannot say in advance if they will or not. The same applies to any other plugin that is being used within Xero itself. We will not disable any plugins in our work but advise you of any conflicts that we find. The integration of all the various plugins you choose to use into your system is your risk and responsibility. We strongly recommend that you use an experienced IT professional with experience of WooCommerce to set up your site and to deal with this as there can easily be conflicts and errors arising as a result. A DIY/novice approach can and does lead to a lot of frustration, misunderstandings and wasted time on both sides.
- Scope of Xeroom Installation – This does not include the setup, training, education and configuration on Woocommerce or Xero. Your IT support and bookkeeper (xero certified) staff should be used to provide for this as they will be familiar with your system. Requests from multiple members of staff or your team are also not covered.
- Internet Only Service – These services are provided for us to do the actual work over the internet only. If you want us to also add in telephone calls, project management, training, education etc then please purchase the presales service and/or additional consulting time.
- Woocommerce & Xero Configuration on Installation – If we will change any of the essential settings on both of these needed to make them work with Xeroom and advise you of them. Where static data such as rate or tax tables etc needs to be added we will do the first one as an example.
- Refunds for Licences – We provide a 30 day money-back guarantee so you can check that Xeroom does what you need and reduce your risks. Just email us within 30 days to get a full refund.
- Refunds for Services – The installation services are provided on a non-refundable basis even if they are not started.
- Warranty – We offer Xeroom in good faith and make no warranties about “fitness for purpose” or that Xeroom will do and perform what you require. For any services provided we will use our best endeavours in a professional way to get things working correctly but do not guarantee that Xeroom will work or integrate with your particular setup, plugins (in both Xero and Woocommerce), themes and versions of server software. Our services are provided on the basis that you accept these risks for your project.