Updates and Support Services
We offer Xeroom with all the options to provide you with what you need to get you up and running quickly. Licence keys are automatically generated and sent by email with a download link with your order confirmation either instantly if paying by Stripe or on receipt of your payment if by bank transfer. Installations are done usually within 48 hours of receipt of completion of our installation data checklist.
7 Day Money-Back Guarantee – We provide this so you can check that Xeroom does what you need and reduce your risks. If you are not 100% happy for any reason just email us within 7 days to get a full refund. This covers the licences only and not for any services, whether provided or not.
Annual Licence – Xeroom is provided on an annual licence subscription basis. Subscriptions can be set to automatically renew.
Current Licence Version – Xeroom 2.2.3 Release date: 6th July, 2021. Documentation will be updated within a few days of any new release.
Latest Version Feature Summary Info – Can be found here.
Support & Updates – New features, bug fixes, security holes and enhancements are regularly released by WooCommerce, Xero and ourselves. Unlimited updates are included with our licences free of charge. We provide non-installation support to one IT capable user (system owner) via email with an average response time of 2 working days. We do not support customisations or bespoke system integrations. We do not provide “chat” instant support or hand-holding to novices so if you need that sort of service please look elsewhere.
Installation, Setup and Testing
The installation and configuration is a little involved but can be handled by any competent IT person who has a good knowledge of both Woocommerce and Xero by following the step-by-step instructions given on this site. Depending on the complexity and issues that arise it will require 2-3 hours to set it up with the correct accounts (and to create those in Xero if they don’t exist) as well as to check and test everything. To assist we offer the following installation options:
- Simple Installation – We will install Xeroom on one site (test or live), create a Xero app and connect to your site with a secure connection, apply default account settings, set simple tax settings and run one test order. We will advise on any issues that need completing. You have 2 weeks to test and feed back any queries or things that need fixing. After that support reverts to normal email and not logging in to investigate and fix any issues.
- Simple Installation with Inventory Synch – Same as above but including inventory synch – Excludes initial bulk product uploads available separately.
- Complex Installation with Inventory Synch – We will install Xeroom on both your test and live websites. We create secure Xero connections. Then configure Xeroom to work with your Xero installations creating any new accounts that are needed and check and advise on (but not create) SKU codes, and run a number of test purchases and invoices, debugging and correcting any errors including disabling any conflicting plugins. We will also check setup complex taxes and a test inventory synchronisation for one product. Excludes initial bulk product uploads.
- Personal Time for Meetings/Calls – To keep the costs low the above are provided by email and online. If you feel you need additional personal or presales support and input then you can buy the separate pack for that and I also provide a limited amount of my time which is available at an hourly rate in this shop.
- Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure – We obviously keep all customer information confidential and secure but recognise that the installation requires access to sensitive apps and data. We are quite happy to sign your NDA to cover this work or you can accept ours which is Xeroom Services NDA.
Scope – This covers installation and liaison with the purchaser/system owner. Installation of subsequent updates for 3 months. It does not include the setup, training, education and configuration on Woocommerce or Xero. Your IT support and bookkeeper (ideally Xero certified) should be used to provide for this as they will be familiar with your system. Support requests to us from multiple members of staff or your team and end-users are excluded.
Woocommerce & Xero Configuration on Installation – If we will change any of the essential settings on both of these needed to make them work with Xeroom and advise you of them. Where static data such as rate or tax tables etc needs to be added we will do the first one as an example.
To Proceed – Please download, complete and return the Xeroom Installation Service – Data Capture which is provided in Word format for you to provide us with all the information that we need to do the work and the access we need. Please return it to us in Word format too as we make notes on it. Then complete your order and checkout. Upon receipt of this document we will acknowledge it and providing we have the requested access aim to complete the work within 48 hrs.
Our objective is always to achieve 100% customer satisfaction which is reflected in our independent reviews. Sometimes, despite our best efforts this does not happen, which on reflection is usually down to misunderstandings and/or wrong expectations. To avoid this we make clear the basis of our engagement below which form part of our full terms and conditions that are available here.
1. Conflicts with Other Plugins – There are now literally hundreds of plugins and themes available for WooCommerce and it is impossible for us to test and resolve any issues with each one or more working together on the same system. Due to the many simultaneous interactions between 5 or 6 separate apps (Xero, Woocommerce, WordPress, Xeroom, payment gateways, other plugins etc) this can and does happen. We do not guarantee that Xeroom will work with any or all of them and cannot say in advance if they will or will not. The same applies to any other plugin that is being used within Xero itself. We will not disable any plugins in our work but advise you of any conflicts that we find. The integration of all the various plugins you choose to use into your system is your risk and responsibility. We strongly recommend that you use an experienced IT professional with experience of WooCommerce to set up your site, integrate and test it. They will deal any with any conflicts and errors arising as a result. A DIY/novice approach with little understanding of IT and unreal expectations will lead to frustration, misunderstandings and wasted time on both sides.
2. Internet Only Service – These services are provided for us to do the actual work over the internet only. If you want us to also add in telephone calls, project management, training, education etc then please purchase the pre-sales service and/or additional consulting time.
3. Warranty Disclaimer – We offer Xeroom in good faith and make no warranties about “fitness for purpose” or that Xeroom will do and perform what you require. For any services provided we will use our best endeavours in a professional way to get things working correctly but do not guarantee that Xeroom will work or integrate with your particular setup, plugins (in both Xero and Woocommerce), themes and versions of server software. Xeroom and our services and support are provided on the basis that you accept these risks for your project.