Getting Started with Xeroom
Xeroom Free Trial Licence
In order to properly evaluate Xeroom we provide you with access to a full Premium licence that will run for free for a few months. There are no limitations to the number of transactions or functionality. The licence key TRIALJUN20 which runs until the 30th June 2020. You will need this licence key during the installation procedure to activate Xeroom.
Getting Started Procedure
Xeroom connects three different and complex software systems (WordPress, Woocommerce and Xero) together along with a multitude of 3rd party plugins on both platforms, all of which are constantly changing. We have tried to make it as simple as possible to install, with detailed step-by-step instructions but it does require a good knowledge of IT and Woocommerce plus a basic knowledge of Xero along with a good dose of patience to do it! If you do not possess these then we don’t recommend you attempt it but instead use our low-cost fixed-price installation “Jump Start” service which is less than the cost of an hour’s time of an IT or accounting professional.
- Requirements – You will need a recent version (ie no more than 3 months old) of WordPress site with the latest version of the Woocommerce plugin installed and configured. Ideally a fresh clean test site or better still a clone of your current live site with all the non-core Woocommerce plugins removed so you can ensure any issues are fixed before interfering with your live site. This can be easily done using the All-in-one WP Migration plugin. You can use it on your live site and delete the test orders afterwards but we don’t recommend it as there may be conflicts with one or more of your plugins.
- Check ioncube & php versions – Before you start please check that you have the ioncube loader installed on your server (ask your host, they should install it if it is not there as it is free and widely used) which should be the latest version 10.3 (10.2 will also work). This enables the encrypted code to be decoded and work. Also check your php version which should be the latest 7.3 or no older than 7.2. If not then check compatibility for earlier versions. Note: v7.4 though released in Nov 2019 is not widely used yet and so we do not support it.
- Download – Go to our downloads page to download the latest version of the plugin. This is a zip file that you simply upload to your site using the Menu/Plugins/Install new page. Please deactivate and delete any previous versions of Xeroom first. Any old settings will still be kept in the database.
- Installation – Then follow the detailed step-by-step installation and configuration instructions on the menu above. If you prefer we can do this for you as a simple installation for $97 – see below.
- Xero API Keys – Note the following: Xero are deprecating Oauth1a which will cease at the end of the year. We are adding Oauth2 compatibility at the moment but 1a is still available and working. For more info please see the post about it https://www.xeroom.com/forums/
- Xero Trial – For the trial we recommend that you take a 1 month free trial of Xero itself and use that otherwise you will clutter up your production instance of Xero with random test transactions. Note: Xeroom does not currently support the multi-currency version of Xero. Beware that when the Xero trial ends you will not have access to your test data.
- Testing – We suggest running a range of different test transactions on different products with customers from different countries. Once the orders are placed their respective invoices can be seen within Xero and checked against the order figures in Woocommerce.
- Support – For support issues please check our support page as most common problems are detailed there and for support follow the instructions providing the requested information that will help us to help you. If your query is not addressed then please post your request on the support board and we will aim to answer it within 24-48 hrs. This assists others who might also have the same query. You can also email us if you prefer but we will post your query onto the board.
- Presales Assistance – Our free support is online so we can keep our prices low. If you need dedicated pre-sales assistance or time on telephone calls then this is available for $97/hr rounded up to the next 15 min which can be ordered from our shop.
If you are migrating from another Xero plugin or just want to get cracking asap without bothering with a free trial then we can jump-start you and install Xeroom straight onto your live site with no delays. This is quicker than first checking on a test site but do be aware that it can make troubleshooting more difficult if there are any problems or conflicts.
1. Place order – To proceed please check items 1 and 2 above and then order the licence with installation (either simple or complex) here https://www.xeroom.com/
2. Complete Checklist: In order for us to provide the installation quickly please complete the instructions in the installation checklist and email the details as a Word document to me at [email protected] installation checklist It would be helpful to know what the problems were with the previous Xero plugin to ensure that we can try to resolve them at the start. We aim to do the install within 48 hours of receiving your data checklist back. Your data is protected by our legal Non-Disclosure Agreement that can be downloaded here.