Getting Started with Xeroom
Xeroom Free Trial
In order to properly evaluate Xeroom we provide you with access to a full Premium licence that will run for free for 1-2 months. There are no limitations to the number of transactions or functionality. If you wish to extend it then please email me to request this.
Xeroom Free Licence Key
To obtain the free licence key please send a blank email to [email protected] and Free Licence in the subject line. You will get an automated response back within a few mins containing a valid licence key with the expiration date. If you don’t for any reason receive it then please check your spam folder and if not there email us directly on the email above. You will need this licence key during the installation procedure.
Free Trial Procedure
- Requirements – You will need a WordPress site with the latest version of the Woocommerce plugin installed and configured. Ideally a fresh clean test site or better still a clone of your current live site with all the non-core Woocommerce plugins removed. This can be easily done using the All-in-one WP Migration plugin. You can use it on your live site and delete the test orders afterwards but we don’t recommend it as there may be conflicts with one or more of your plugins.
- ioncube – Before you start please check that you have the ioncube loader installed on your server (ask your host, they should install it if it is not there as it is free and widely used) which should be version 10.2. This enables the encrypted code to be decoded and work. Also check your php version which should be the latest 7.2. If not then check compatibility for earlier versions.
- Download – Go to our downloads page to download the latest version of the plugin. This is a zip file that you simply upload to your site using the Menu/Plugins/Install new page.
- Installation – Then follow the detailed step-by-step installation and configuration instructions on the menu above. If you prefer we can do this for you as a simple installation for $97. Use the Xeroom licence emailed to you from above.
- Xero Trial – For the trial we recommend that you take a 1 month free trial of Xero itself and use that otherwise you will clutter up your production instance of Xero with random test transactions. Note that Xeroom does not currently support the multi-currency version of Xero. Beware that when the Xero trial ends you will not have access to your test data.
- Testing – We suggest running a range of different test transactions on different products with customers from different countries. Once the orders are placed their respective invoices can be seen within Xero.
- Assistance – For support and presales issues please check our support page as most common problems are detailed there. If you need presales assistance and/or telephone support then this is available for $97. If your query is not addressed then please post your request on the support board to assist others who might also have the same query.
Jump-Start with No Free Trial
If you are migrating from another Xero plugin or just want to get cracking asap without bothering with a free trial then we can jump-start you and install Xeroom straight onto your live site with no delays. This is quicker than first checking on a test site but do be aware that it can make troubleshooting more difficult if there are any problems or conflicts. To proceed please check item 2 above and then order the licence with installation (either simple or complex) here https://www.xeroom.com/