Xeroom Settings Definition

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Lloyd 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Hi,

I’m trying to configure Xeroom to correctly work with Xero but I am running into issues marrying up the Xeroom settings to the accounts configured within Xero.

Please could you define each of the settings below and what the corresponding account should be in Xero?

1. Sales Account

2. Shipping/Carriage Costs

3. Default Payment Gateway Account

4. Enter Xero account for Paymentsense Hosted

5. Inventory Asset Account

6. Goods Sold Account

7. Xero Standard Tax Name

8. Xero Reduced rate Tax Name

9. Xero Zero rate Tax Name

Many thanks for your time, it is very much appreciated.

Trevor

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

Hi Trevor

These are all detailed in the installation page. I have added the default ones to use for the UK most of which will already exist in Xero.

1. Sales Account – 200

2. Shipping/Carriage Costs – Doesn’t exist create 210

3. Default Payment Gateway Account – Doesn’t exist create 100

4. Enter Xero account for Paymentsense Hosted – This is unique to you I suggest 110

5. Inventory Asset Account – 630

6. Goods Sold Account – 310

7. Xero Standard Tax Name – 20% (VAT on Income)

8. Xero Reduced rate Tax Name – 5% (VAT on Income)

9. Xero Zero rate Tax Name – Zero Rated Income

I hope that makes it clearer.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your reply.

The accountant that I am working with is unsure what the ‘Enter Xero account for Paymentsense Hosted’ account will be used for by Xeroom, is it possible you could give me a description to explain to him?

Also, I have setup the Xeroom plugin with the exact details you gave me and when I made a new purchase, the sale was posted to the ‘Enter Xero account for Paymentsense Hosted’ account.

For testing purposes, I removed the ‘Enter Xero account for Paymentsense Hosted’ account from Xeroom and made another purchase, this time the payment was made to the ‘Default Payment Gateway Account’ as I expected but I have an error in the logs:

‘Payments can only be made against Authorised documents’

Please would you be able to explain the reason for the error log?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Trevor Pope

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

Hi Trevor

‘Enter Xero account for Paymentsense Hosted’ is a payment gateway that you have set up in Woo. You need to create a bank account for the payments to be posted to in Xero. If it doesn’t exist or is not valid then you will get the error message you stated. You can check in your COA in Xero eg http://prntscr.com/l6n9cx

Thanks
    Pete

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

I just want to understand the plugins behaviour for using the ‘Default Payment Gateway Account’ bank account if I have Paypal and PaymentSense setup as payment methods, under what circumstances would the ‘Default Payment Gateway Account’ bank account be used to post payments to?

Hi Trevor

The default payment setting is the xero bank ac used to post payments to if you don’t want to set each one individually or if one is not set. You may have say 6 gateways but only 3 are active the other 3 rarely used and so the other 3 can map to the default bank but the main 3 are individually mapped.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.