WooCommerce Deposits

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Neil
      Participant

Hi,

A client using the Xeroom integration plugin has installed the WooCommerce Deposits addon and has advised the following:

“It currently charges the customer for only the initial deposit amount and raises an invoice that shows it as fully paid in Xero. I can’t work out how to get it to raise an invoice and receipt the part payments so Xero matches the actual payment to Stripe.”

WooCommerce has ways to raise the balance invoice but it is unclear whether these two transactions will be linked in Xero. Can you please confirm? I understand the Stripe transaction matter is separate, but at the least we’d like confirmation on the Xero side.

Thanks

Neil
      Participant

Hello,

To add clarification, here is additional information from the client:

* Payments in Stripe and actual charge was correct
      * An invoice was raised in Xero and marked as paid in full not just for the deposit amount
      * The transaction chain was cancelled at that point, so it is unclear what entries would be generated in Xero when the subsequent payment(s) were made. Presumably this affects both a single balance invoice and payment plan methods such as AfterPay.

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Hi

Xeroom cannot handle part payments so it is best to set it to either not send the payments until the order is completed or else do it manually within Xero.

Thanks
      Pete

Neil
      Participant

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that. Where might I find the option to only send when the order is completed? I may have missed the relevant setting.

Also, is there any intent to support partial payments? I have another client who would like to use Xeroom for Xero integration but they currently accept an AfterPay type payment plan method.

Thanks

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Hi

The settings for when the payments and invoices are sent to Xero are at the bottom http://prntscr.com/qq2mlp. Yes we plan to add this feature along with partial refunds hopefully this year.

Thanks
      Pete

Neil
      Participant

Hello Pete,

Thanks for the information.

I did note those settings, but I assume that’s all or nothing? The majority of the purchases on this store are standard purchase up front, only a small number will require the deposit/partial payments. Do you have suggestions for how best to handle the workflow if it needs to be switched to manual in order to accommodate the partial payments?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.