When is the invoice created?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Lloyd 2 months ago.

• Author

tysonarmstrong
    Participant

Hi,

We have a number of custom order statuses to handle pre-sales/quoting, so we wouldn’t want invoices to be generated in Xero for these. By default, what is the trigger/order status that Xeroom uses to generate the invoice in Xero? Is this filterable?

Cheers,
    Tyson

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

Hi Tyson

The current version has two triggers one is at the checkout the other is the blue button on the woo order. So if you create it in the woo order screen it will not be sent to Xero.

Thanks
    Pete

tysonarmstrong
    Participant

Thanks for this info Pete. Should the invoice creation also be triggered during the customer Pay For Order flow? I ran a test case and couldn’t see an invoice being generated automatically (I’ve checked settings and debug log). Thanks for your help.

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

Hi Tyson

In the existing version 2.0.4 triggers it as part of the checkout process – as it checks for inventory. It will create is as a draft invoice regardless if paid immediately or not so if you test it with a bank transfer it should be created. When you then complete the order in Woo it will send the payment to Xero and the invoice status becomes “Paid”.

In v2.0.5 which is due out in the next few weeks as we have re-engineered the trigger process which will give far more control to manage the process. It will enable invoices to be sent 1)manually from the order’s action menu 2)on creation of the order or 3)on completion of the order. Under 1) you can also select one or more orders from the order summary and create a batch of invoices in one go.

Payments can be send 1)manually or 2)automatically on completion.

For you specific test what payment method were you using? Please try with a bank transfer method and send me the screenshot of what you get in Woo orders.

Thanks
    Pete

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.