Shipping Codes

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

I am having exactly this problem which is outlined on the help page.

Error sending invoices: “TaxType code ‘xxx’ cannot be used with account code ‘yyy’
      You may see the following error in the order notes:

ERROR creating Xero invoice: ErrorNumber: 10 ErrorType: ValidationException Message: A validation exception occurred Detail: The TaxType code ‘xxx’ cannot be used with account code ‘yyy’.

If so, this is related to the shipping account being set to the wrong type in the WooCommerce Xero settings: it must match the account setting in Xero. You can set it in the WooCommerce > Xero settings option Treat Shipping As:

The problem is that I don’t have ‘xero settings’ as an option in my woocommerce settings. What have I done wrong?

I should add that I use an income account to charge for shipping (230) in my xero invoices.

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Sorry that help is incorrect and I have corrected it now. You have to check that the account type is a revenue one in Xero for the shipping account and enter that account number in the Xeroom settings. It should have the same tax type assigned to it in Xero as the one used in the Xero tax setting. So 230 should work if it is a revenue type account. Can you also check that your other Xero codes are of the correct type?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Xeroom Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.