Item code not sync with SKU

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Lloyd 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

owen
    Participant

I have uploaded all products and matched the SKU with the inventory item codes in Xero but when i place an order, Xero generated new inventory items instead of syncing the stock quantity. I set the sync inventory master to Xero. Do i need to adjust any other settings?

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

No that should work. It uses the SKU codes in Woo to find the matching product in Xero and will only generate a new code if that SKU doesn’t exist. Do they match exactly? Are there any spaces or special characters in your codes? Is it a variable product as each variation needs a match? Does it happen with all products or just certain ones?

owen
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the quick reply. I just ran another test again and it added an extra inventory item in Xero even though the SKU is matched with anitem.

Below is my test case:

1. I setup Item A (Item code 111) in Xero with 0 quantity
    2. I made a product Item A (SKU 111) in the site with 10 quantity
    3. I placed an order for 1 product of Item A and paid for it using Paypal.
    4. The order is generated in the backend and Xero generated an invoice
    5. A new Item A appear with a different Item code (112) in Xero without any detail info
    6. The admin email received Back Order notification.
    7. The stock level of Item A in Woocommerce backend become -1

The SKU seems to work only for Woocommerce side, the stock quantity in Woocommerce has been updated but the inventory items were not updated in Xero.

I can send you some screenshots if you need them.

I download the version 2.0.4 from the Download page.

Please get back to me as soon as possible because we have already received some orders and it is messing up our inventory on Xero.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
    Owen

owen
    Participant

FYI, I purchased the premium licence yesterday.

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

Hi Owen

You have Xero set as the inventory master but with no inventory. Xero won’t permit you to have backorders. You have various options for handling the stockouts – please read the article here https://www.xeroom.com/managing-inventory-xero-woocommerce/

What do you have as the price master? To check it is working properly pls set inventory synch to none and add stock to your Xero test item and repeat the test. If that doesn’t work then try with Woo set to be the Price master. Then you can test it with Xero as the inventory master.

Let me know the results.
    Thanks
    Pete

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.