Invoice numbers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      furzedo
      Participant

Hi,

Due to a business requirement, we need to **automatically** send an invoice to every customer that puts a new order through our WooCommerce instance. For that we have been using a plugin called “WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips”. It creates an invoice for every order, assigning a sequential number to it. This is working fine.

We’re now trying to integrate the WooCommerce instance to our Xero account, through Xeroom. We managed to get Xeroom connected to Xero and sending invoices for every new order. The only problem is that Xeroom is apparently not able to send the same invoice number created by the plugin, so Xero assigns it a different number based on its internal sequencing configuration. This obviously creates undesired outcomes.

Is there a way to get around this problem when using Xeroom?

Thank you

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Hi Furzedo

Sorry for the delay in answering. At the moment Xeroom can only send the WooCommerce order no as the invoice ref. We are looking to extend the functionality in a future release to specify it and will also consider integrating it with this plugin at the same time. Are you able to set the invoice no used by that plugin to be Woo order no as that would resolve the issue?

Thanks
      Pete

furzedo
      Participant

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

It is exciting to hear that you are considering those improvements in the future.

Yes, I can make the invoice number created by the other plugin to be the same as the order number. However, Xero still saves the corresponding invoice with a different number (based on its internal sequencing range).

I guess I will have to wait for the improvements, right?

Thank you

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Hi Furzedo

The best thing is to use the WooCommerce order no as the reference in Xero and not as the invoice no. Generating invoices in Woo as well as Xero means that you will have a lot of problems keeping them in synch eg if you take a telephone order or a physical shop order directly into Xero it will not show in Woo and immediately sets the two systems out of synch. It will also be confusing to the customer to get two invoices for the same thing, which might not even match for a whole variety of reasons!

So decide which system you want to use to invoice the customer and the order ref acts as a link to Xero to reconcile the two systems. If it was me I would use Xero for invoicing and use the Woo plugin for the GRN/packing slips only especially as there is often some adjustments that need making manually in Xero.

Thanks
      Pete

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.