Ideal settings for processing trade orders

Xeroom – Xero Accounts Integration with WooCommerce Forums Xeroom Support Forum Ideal settings for processing trade orders

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SummerfieldBooks
      Participant

Hi Peter, could you help us map out the best solution to our problem using Xeroom? We are a physical ecommerce shop, mainly selling B2C and as such, our new woo >> xeroom >> xero integration is fairly standard: Send Order on Completion Send Payments: Automatically, but we do have a growing trade customer base and we need to process orders with a discount/payment terms of 30 days. I don’t think Xeroom can do that per se, is it better to process trade invoices in Xero and have Xeroom sync products? Our store is large, 76k products, we have so far not used the Global Inventory Sync for this reason. Ideally we need to sync our woo inventory upto XERO in the most sane way possible for such a large store, have woo as master inventory and allow Xero to change inventory for trade invoices. So would the correct settings be something like Sync Xero to Woo (so Woo remains master?), Automated= Hourly and set batch size to 500? Have I got the right settings, is this going to achieve what we need it to and have you encountered issues with a store so large?

Thanks,

Shaun

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Hi Shaun

Thanks for your email – please see my answers below:

Pete

Q We need to process orders with a discount/payment terms of 30 days. I don’t think Xeroom can do that per se, is it better to process trade invoices in Xero and have Xeroom sync products?
      A. Correct we don’t provide any settings to handle that. So you can either create trade invoices in Xero and synch as you suggest or use Xeroom to create the invoices from Woo but manually edit the due date in Xero in the invoices.

Q.So would the correct settings be something like Sync Xero to Woo (so Woo remains master?), Automated= Hourly and set batch size to 500? Have I got the right settings, is this going to achieve what we need it to and have you encountered issues with a store so large?
      A. Those are correct but whilst we did a lot of testing on this synch we have not tested it with such a large no of products which is almost certain to have issues. Bear in mind that Xero has strict API call limits (in terms of both volume and rate) to access it’s data which if breached leads to errors. We have coded it to chunk the data and retry but that still left occassional errors so we also had to create a throttle for it to work properly. I suggest doing testing on a cloned copy to see if it is possible.
      Please PM with the messages from debug and I can advise if they can easily be resolved.

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Hi Shaun

Thanks for your email – please see my answers below:

Pete

Q We need to process orders with a discount/payment terms of 30 days. I don’t think Xeroom can do that per se, is it better to process trade invoices in Xero and have Xeroom sync products?
      A. Correct we don’t provide any settings to handle that. So you can either create trade invoices in Xero and synch as you suggest or use Xeroom to create the invoices from Woo but manually edit the due date in Xero in the invoices.

Q.So would the correct settings be something like Sync Xero to Woo (so Woo remains master?), Automated= Hourly and set batch size to 500? Have I got the right settings, is this going to achieve what we need it to and have you encountered issues with a store so large?
      A. Those are correct but whilst we did a lot of testing on this synch we have not tested it with such a large no of products which is almost certain to have issues. Bear in mind that Xero has strict API call limits (in terms of both volume and rate) to access it’s data which if breached leads to errors. We have coded it to chunk the data and retry but that still left occassional errors so we also had to create a throttle for it to work properly. I suggest doing testing on a cloned copy to see if it is possible.
      Please PM with the messages from debug and I can advise if they can easily be resolved.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Xeroom Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.