Discounts not reflecting in Xero

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  porthas 4 months ago.

• Author

porthas
    Participant

Essentially title says it all. Here is the exact message from our client.

“I am noticing issues with this still. For example, invoice **53: S***e K****k gets a discount, so we edited her invoice in woo. When it came over to xero, it does not show any discount and shows a total of $27.00. It should show $21.60 in xero. I checked and it does show correctly in both woo and authorize.net.. how do we get invoices to sync from woo to xero EXACTLY the same? I know it is an easy manual fix, but this is not the most ideal process. “

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

How are you creating the discounts – with the standard Woo price reduction, with a coupon or with a plugin? Please provide me screenshots of the order in Woo and the matching invoice in Xero. Pls send it by email to me at sales@xeroom.com

porthas
    Participant

We use the Xero membership plugin to provide discounts. https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-memberships/

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

I have not tested xeroom with that plugin but that is probably why it is not working properly. Standard discounts set in Woo or for sale products are supported as is the wholesale prices plugin.

porthas
    Participant

What will it take to make it work with this plugin we are using?

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

The developers will need to do some customisation work. This is likely to be too costly to do unless there is sufficient demand as it will be $500-1000 of work.

porthas
    Participant

Here is another issue we keep having with tax. Some items are tax exempt and we indicate so in woocommerce yet in Xero it still comes taxed.

Xero: http://prntscr.com/k8wdov
    Woocommerce: http://prntscr.com/k8we7s

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

Please update to the latest version that I released today 2.0.4 as the sales taxes have been completely revamped. Choose Woo as the master and the taxes will match exactly or if you are using Xero as the master then make sure your tax rates exist as valid tax methods in Xero and map them in the complex tax tab.

porthas
    Participant

Ok another issue I ran into is the following. 3 orders won’t go through to Xero, citing “Error while connecting to Xero API. Technical details: oauth_problem=signature_invalid&oauth_problem_advice=Failedtovalidatesignature”, while in Xeroom settings > Xero Connection Status: Active

porthas
    Participant

Actually nevermind, got it to work. thanks!

Peter Lloyd
    Keymaster

ok great!

porthas
    Participant

Peter,

We have an order that doesn’t sync to Xero. No debug messages, no message when trying to do it manually. What’s the process of getting it fixed?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.