Discount setting on WC before sent to Xero

Xeroom – Xero Accounts Integration with WooCommerce Forums Xeroom Support Forum Discount setting on WC before sent to Xero

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      hiheaven01
      Participant

I am new to Xero. Please help the following:

I need to to set a discount percentage (column “Disc %”) to a line item before invoice is sent to xero (manually or automatic).

What hook on WC to be used for this and how to in PHP ?

What hook that Xero plugin uses before sending invoice to Xero?

Thanks

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Hi – sorry but we don’t use WC hooks or support customisations of Xeroom. We do support the standard discounts resulting from sales prices and also vouchers.

Thanks
      Pete

hiheaven01
      Participant

hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick reply.
      I saw on page: https://www.xeroom.com/installation-instructions

There is a hook called “woocommerce_checkout_order_processed” that is called
      when the order is created. I guess that is when order is created , not
      when invoice is sent.

I tried have sale price on a variation item. But when invoice is sent to Xero.
      the “Disc %” is empty. Only when I use coupon code from WC, this discount
      value is sent with the invoice OK.

So, is it alright if i use the REST API to change the discount value (if needed) ?

Thanks

Peter Lloyd
      Keymaster

Hi – I have checked and you are quite right that field is missing. I think it became a casualty when we reworked the discount vouchers as it was previously showing before that. I will ask the developers if they can fix it and let you know. In the meantime you can try the REST API but I don’t know if that will work or not.

Thanks
      Pete

kevinsmith
      Participant

Hi, i can see that people here are discussing to coup up with the problems faced when making discount coupons code. Well few days back i was looking forward to find some discount coupons site to save some of my money. Then i went through a blog revglue.com/blog-detail/5-how-to-setup-a-uk-discount-voucher-website-in-ten-minutes which not only provided me with the latest coupon codes of almost every big international brand but also made my mind to make my own coupon vouchers marketplace. Managing huge data and updating it daily is really a headache but this site provides these services for their customers and relief them from this pain. By the way i am still looking forward to get some suggestions on buying their services. If anyone is using their services do let me know. Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.